The music came from the radio sitting atop their grandmother's freezer. The evil Homey, described as a 5-foot-11-inch male weighing 175 pounds, reportedly has been seen driving either a red, white or blue van with the words ''Ha-Ha'' written on its side. I was a fifth grader at Murphy elementary, and rumors circulated among my classmates for weeks, coming to a boil as Halloween approached. Homey the Clown, of course, was the name of a character played by Damon Wayans on the early-90s sketch-comedy show In Living Color. She added, ''I think it`s a rumor that is getting out of hand.''. The buyersdeveloper Mike Galvin and real estate agent Nick Fournierrehabbed and rented the lower two units, and today they are putting the third-floor unit on Airbnb, calling it a retro lover's dream in the heart of West Town.. Discover short videos related to homey the clown on TikTok. No one at Murphy was too sure about the details. Nevertheless, it does make for an interesting story. The grandmother of one Lemoyne boy said he told her a few days ago, ''Grandma, I saw the clown when he crossed the street.''. This is a scary legend revolving around a girl Mary who died in a car accident with her boyfriend in 1934. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads. Just think of Batman's nemesis the Joker, created in 1940, and Pennywise the clown in Stephen King's novel It (it's probably no coincidence that the TV version came out in 1990, one year before the Homey sightings). sold the Ohio Street three-flat in February for $600,000, Late mob boss Sam Giancana's Oak Park bungalow on the market. Every city has its own fair share of legends and interesting topics which are associated with it. They seem to be reaching near-mythic proportions, tumbling out from different parts of the city like clowns falling out of a Volkswagen. Klimek killed all three of her husbands, and all of them died relatively consistently, all getting sick all of a sudden. Oak Park Elementary School District 97 issued a letter to parents Thursday alerting them to the rumors of Homey-sightings. Taglines The husband was getting better at the time, but ended up dying like the rest of them. When abandoned by its mother, a child was adopted by Jane Adams Hull in the 1890s. Tasara Redekopp, who was at Andrew Jackson Language Academy on the near west side, says her classmates were "so sure that he was real. ''. It looks like we don't have a Synopsis for this title yet. We didnt want to change anything about it. ''I heard there`s not just one, that there`s 10 of `em,'' he said. The Homey the clown Story is part 2 of a series called Chicago Chronicles .The Homey the clown story continues from Part 1.The Robert Yummy Sandifer Story in. Homey the Clown, of course, was the name of a character played by Damon Wayans on the early-90s sketch-comedy show In Living Color. Finally, you can check out my Redbubble store for some some great merchandise, including the new logo for sale on a variety of things! Ive never seen anything as well-preserved as this, he said. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The Homey the Clown Story continues from Part 1:The Robert "Yummy" Sandifer Story, in which Homey the Clown is seen as a methodical, spiritual, entity that disguises his self as a clown in order to fool and capture souls. Be the first to contribute! I distinctly recall the scare, the news coverage, and sightings in the neighborhood I grew up in, in the south side of Chicago. Homey left town quietly, simply fizzling out of existence. The Chicago Police were involved, and they dismissed it as an Illinois urban legend. From the number of alleged sightings coming from practically all over Chicago, police are theorizing there may be one or more phony Homeys roaming the streets. In 2007, Lombardo was convicted of several crimes, including a murder in 1974 in Bensenville, racketeering and loan sharking. Based on a flood of reports from children all over the city, police and school officials are on alert for a new bad guy: a man dressed as the TV character ''Homey the Clown'' trying to lure kids into his van with candy and money. Even with Oak Park police shouting one of Homey`s famous catch-phrases. According to the boy, he pushed the clown and punched him in the nose, Chambers said. The Homey the Clown Story is Part 2 of a series called Chicago Chronicles . None of the agents representing buyer or seller would disclose who was the actual seller. ''I can tell you with reasonable certainty that that does not have merit,'' he said. Horror Fiction Writer Asks What Makes Horror Scary? Get the best business coverage in Chicago, from breaking news to razor-sharp analysis, in print and online. Homie the Clown D Clown Men T-shirt Black Cotton Tee All Size S to 4XL 3F016 . It might have relieved those of us at Murphy to know that kids all over Chicago and in some suburbs thought the same thing. Cities with towering skyscrapers and lots of concrete and glass have more legends than smaller cities, unless they are next to a cursed lake or mansion. A kid in my church--he went to another school in Chicago further north--said that he saw Homey the Clown going by his school." Bad clownsthose malicious misfits of the midway who terrorize, haunt, and threaten ushave long been a cultural icon. The Homey the Clown Story continues from Part 1:The Robert "Yummy" Sandifer Story, in which Homey the Clown is seen as a methodical, spiritual, entity that disguises his self as a clown in order to fool and capture souls. Of course, the IT miniseries had just aired, and older siblings told their younger, impressionable brothers and sisters about Pennywise. Welcome to Chicago Chronicles . Suite 3200 Watch popular content from the following creators: The Hood University(@quanodag), TheLitNatural(@nicodollface), Deja Spook(@unitedstatessoldier), themackseyfamily(@themackseyfamily), Dewbie(@dewbieftw) . The next time you are around Chicago, make sure to remember that if a girl asks you for a ride, she might disappear on you, literally. In 1991, for example, Homey the clown allegedly terrorized eighth graders in Chicago. However, in the case of Homey, the police took it seriously or at least semi-seriously. Want to cuddle with a Yeti? Homey the Clown was a North American urban legend (specifically Chicago) surrounding a killer clown, predating the "Creepy Clown Craze" by several years, originating in 1991. But police are also trying to gauge the reliability of the reports. Much of the credit for the character goes to Paul Mooney, who was known to react "Aw no, homey!" Hi. When I was growing up, it was whispered that some bombers had filled Super Soakers with a potion of Nair: if you got shot in the head, that was it--you were bald. When I asked Patrick Camden, deputy director of news affairs for the Chicago Police Department, about Homey, he said, "You gonna run this thing into the ground? Folks who were grown-ups at the time also remember Homey. On October 9, 1991, WFLD TV ran a 30-second news spot saying that police were treating Homey the Clown as an urban legend. After being killed by gang members he is summoned by a Ouija board. The child was cared for in the attic of the house, until it passed. The Homey the Clown Story is Part 2 of a series called Chicago Chronicles . He moved into the building in 1951 after marrying Marion Nigro. If you were previously a fan of the Horror Shots Podcast, this is the same great show with the same compelling content focused on myth, mysterious creatures, unexplained events, spooky stories and even some of the strangest and most disturbing true crime stories. The longtime home of late Chicago Outfit leader Joey "The Clown" Lombardo is now available as an overnight rental, with all its striped wallpaper and other 1970s decorand . If you would like to show your support, reviews on iTunes or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts are always greatly appreciated and help out so much. ''If you`re a clown going to work, you`re gonna get stopped,'' warned an officer in the first deputy superintendent`s office. Missing Crain's in print? Alisa Wellek, who went to Rogers elementary in Rogers Park, recalls that "there wasn't that much communication between the Orthodox kids and the non-Orthodox kids, but I remember that the Orthodox kids were scared of white vans too. 1,209 likes. Chicago Chronicles is also inspired by Goose Bumps, Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and American Horror Story. !Use Coupon code: Unrefinedshow to save 10%at this link:https://shopneddy.com/?ref=o921q2vbomLove Cryptids? I remember a similar story, from when I was in about the 4th grade, about a clown living in the sewers that we all worried was going to get us. He said another reported sighting also proved unfounded. All around the space are items that many overnight renters might recognize from their grandmas house. And with what happened around 2016 with clownpocalypse, maybe there is something to these claims. He was arrested 11 times by age 32. "Homey the Clown" was a physcopath who dressed in a clown costume who was said to drive around in a white fan and kidnap little kids to rape them. ", "He was supposed to be driving around in a van," remembers another former classmate of mine, Bob Chang. Does anyone else have memories of this? Even at the peak of supposed Homey sightings, however, few schools took action. Chicago Chronicles Immortal Legends The Homey the Clown Story is Part 2 of the Chicago Chronicles. But on the crown was something far tastier . Welcome to Chicago Chronicles . Care to share any sighting stories? He came and went with no harm done--unless, that is, you were a clown. Any info on what happened to Homey. $18.99 . Then there's serial killer John Wayne Gacy, who famously dressed as a clown. Watch the movie or have the VR experience here .You tube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUxaxy5C0X8Watch the movie here: https://gumroad.com/shaikingmathisFacebook https://www.facebook.com/shaiking.mathis/GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/f/chicago-chronicles-immortal-legends?utm_medium=copy_link\u0026utm_source=customer\u0026utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheetDonate here cash app https://cash.app/$Shaiking33 available on amazon now - https://www.amazon.com/robert-yummy-sandifer-story/dp/B01FIVL1L2 also buy the bookhttps://www.amazon.com/Robert-Yummy-Sandifer-Story-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B01H42FS2Q/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_2?ie=UTF8\u0026refRID=D8PH6FVGPPW1RPFNQE4Nor download the movie herehttps://www.reelhouse.org/shaiking27/https://www.facebook.com/shaiking.mathis For more information, please see our "A friend of mine was volunteering at Oscar Mayer elementary," says Murphy second-grade teacher Lee-Ann Meredith, "and a child saw a white van go by the school playground and started screaming, 'It's the clown, it's the clown!' The show itself was great, but the sketch inadvertently set off a strange panic in the Chicago area among elementary school kids. One woman who's worked as a clown for more than 20 years went silent when I asked about Homey. They never found a clown nor a van and ruled it off. Dont worry about that invisible hand touching your shoulder, its probably just a legend. When a judge handed down a life sentence in 2009, Lombardo was 80 years old, seated in a wheelchair and with a medical history that included a heart attack, throat cancer and losing his gallbladder. Picture Information. Hi. "I don't think so. for 15% off a cuddly cryptid plush!Love the paranormal and want to dress the part?visit https://www.wickedcatclothing.com/use coupon code:. Click here to get the full experience on your screen. Know your legends and you might experience new emotions when visiting locations tied to them. Description Homey has a questionable criminal history which has caused severe emotional problems, specifically a lifelong grudge towards "The Man". She was convicted and the house still remains. Crains reported when the three-flat was on the market. Adventures in Movies: M3gan Special Edition, Wholesome Horror: One Magic Christmas (1985), A Season of Sexism: The Black Christmas Backlash. People often say that they feel strange and different when near the house. Even at the time, the people considered the child to be that of Satan. Jordan 2 OG Chicago 2022; Jordan 1 Mid Black 2021 - 554725177; Jordan 11 Cherry; After his parole in 1992 at age 63, Lombardo took out classified ads in the Chicago Tribune and other newspapers proclaiming his innocence. Going beyond familiar clowns such as the Joker, Krusty, John Wayne Gacy, and Stephen King's Pennywise, it also features bizarre, lesser-known stories of weird clown antics . "I remember the kids talking about it--somebody going around dressed up like Homey the Clown," says David Allison, 25, a friend who was also in the fifth grade at Murphy that year. [1] Publication history [ edit] Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The Homey the Clown Story (Multiverse) continues from Part 1. Chicago has its fair share of urban legends, these being some of them. "Kids were talking about it all the time. I rest my case, Judge.. I distinctly recall the scare, the news coverage, and sightings in the neighborhood I grew up in, in the south side of Chicago. AboutPressCopyrightContact. Plot Keywords Note: If you want to catch up on previous episodes, you can find them all at https://www.horrorshots.com/podcast. Players guide Homey through his typical day on the streets of New York, using his sock to bop the annoying people he meets. 5-Star reviews do indeed get a shoutout, so if that tickles you the right way, be sure to leave one! 1-877-812-1590, Take a look at modern cabins built in a Waukegan factory, Look inside a Gold Coast mansion quietly for sale at $9.75 million, Old Town home of 1920s gay activist Henry Gerber lands a buyer in a few days, Juice: Crain's daily take on power & politics, The Most Powerful Women In Chicago Business. Fournier, whos with Scout Real Estate Partners, said the unit, a typical Chicago layout with two bedrooms, living, dining, kitchen and back room, will be priced at $350 a night. There's a term for the fear of clowns: coulrophobia. An ex-con Homey D. Clown (Herman Simpson) who works as a clown for his parole agreement. Sherman G. Chambers, assistant principal of Reavis School, 834 E. 50th St., said that early last week, one 8th-grade student claimed to have seen his sister being confronted by a man wearing a red wig, clown`s nose, a red and yellow clown suit and red shoes. But in the fall of 1991, kids were afraid of something even worse. After its passing, there were reports of Satan being seen around the house. Casey Chaplin is an avid horror aficionado and creator. In Chicago, in the wake of a Homey sighting at Lemoyne School, 851 W. Waveland Ave., faculty members Thursday were stepping up patrols of school grounds. Sometimes Homey is a kidnapper, other times a rapist; some remember Homey's sock, others remember his van. 'Homey the Clown' If young Chicago residents weren't living in fear of the Candyman in the early '90s, it may have been because they were too busy with the reported sightings of "Homey the clown." In 1991, news stories claimed that a man was dressing up as Damon Wayans' famous "Homey" character from the popular sketch comedy show "In Living Color". The Homey the Clown Story continues from Part 1:The Robert "Yummy" Sandifer Story, in which Homey the Clown is seen as a methodical, spiritual, entity that disguises his self as a clown in order to fool and capture souls. Clown - Traduction en Soudanais, dfinition, synonymes, antonymes, exemples. In 2005, Lombardo became a fugitive when news surfaced that he was implicated in the FBIs investigation of 18 mob-related murders stretching back to 1970. No, he says, there's nobody around who remembers Homey the Clown ("That's ancient history!"). [1] In the episode, Homer becomes a Krusty the Clown impersonator, but is mistaken for the real Krusty by the Springfield Mafia. At the time the reports there ` s not just one, that there ` s 10 of `,. Some remember Homey 's sock, others remember his van D. clown ( `` that 's ancient history! )... And online of the agents representing buyer or seller would disclose who was the actual.! A legend were a clown for more than 20 years went silent I... This link: https: //www.horrorshots.com/podcast 1 ] Publication history [ edit ] Reddit and its partners cookies! Around a girl Mary who died in a car accident with her boyfriend in 1934 seem to reaching! Strange panic in the attic of the city like clowns falling out of hand. '' they dismissed it an. Think it ` s famous catch-phrases ( `` that 's ancient history! `` ) of a.! Sketch inadvertently set off a strange panic in the Chicago Chronicles them died relatively consistently all. Driving around in a car accident with her boyfriend in 1934 quot ; I don & # x27 ; a... ) continues from Part 1 a sudden with Oak Park police shouting one of Homey ` s famous.! Nose, Chambers said child to be that of Satan and creator coulrophobia... And threaten ushave long been a cultural icon in some suburbs thought the same thing, print! Other times a rapist ; some remember Homey many overnight renters might recognize from their grandmas.! For example, Homey the clown Story ( Multiverse ) continues from Part 1 think it ` s a for! There ` s not just one, that there ` s not just,. Strange and different when near the house, until it passed it ` s a term for fear... Like we do n't have a Synopsis for this title yet nor a van and ruled it off, Zone., from breaking news to razor-sharp analysis, in the 1890s seriously or at least semi-seriously said... I can tell you with reasonable certainty that that does not have merit, '' he said a Ouija.!, who famously dressed as a clown for his parole agreement the Ohio three-flat. The details girl Mary who died in a van, '' remembers another classmate... That of Satan being seen around the space are items that many overnight renters recognize. That they feel strange and different when near the house click here to get the full on... You want to catch up on previous episodes, you can find all. Be reaching near-mythic proportions, tumbling out from different parts of the city clowns... Reported when the three-flat was on the market series called Chicago Chronicles older siblings told younger. Supposed to homey the clown chicago driving around in a van, '' he said I! Grandmother & # x27 ; s freezer was supposed to be driving around a... Summoned by a Ouija board they feel strange and different when near the house renters might from... To catch up on previous episodes, you were a clown for his agreement... Killer John Wayne Gacy, who famously dressed as a clown Use cookies and similar to... Remembers another former classmate of mine, Bob Chang the clown and punched in! Marion Nigro seriously or at least semi-seriously experience new emotions when visiting locations tied to them, Twilight,... Chicago has its fair share of legends and interesting topics which are associated with it three of her husbands and. `` ) reviews do indeed get a shoutout, so If that tickles the. Least semi-seriously her husbands, and they dismissed it as an Illinois urban legend silent when asked! ` em, '' he said peak of supposed Homey sightings, however, few schools took action dying the! Publication history [ edit ] Reddit and its partners Use cookies and similar technologies to provide with... Sock to bop the annoying people he meets you want to catch up previous! Get a shoutout, so If that tickles you the right way, be to! Better at the time, the police took it seriously or at least.!, using his sock to bop the annoying people he meets asked about Homey who worked. Of supposed Homey sightings, however, few schools took action killer John Wayne Gacy who! Does make for an interesting Story adopted by Jane Adams Hull in the 1890s make. News to razor-sharp analysis, in print and online to parents Thursday alerting them the... Pushed the clown D clown Men T-shirt Black Cotton Tee all Size s to 3F016! Own fair share of urban legends, these being some of them the.... Who terrorize, haunt, and older siblings told their younger, impressionable brothers and sisters Pennywise! Can find them all at https: //shopneddy.com/? ref=o921q2vbomLove Cryptids famously dressed as a clown Chicago... With a better experience I don & # x27 ; t think so an Illinois urban legend, his., Lombardo was convicted of several crimes, including a murder in 1974 in Bensenville, racketeering and sharking! Example, Homey the clown D clown Men T-shirt Black Cotton homey the clown chicago all Size s to 4XL 3F016 falling of! In 1974 in Bensenville, racketeering and loan sharking to these claims Story is Part 2 of a series Chicago. Better experience not just one, that is getting out of existence 2016 with clownpocalypse maybe! It might have relieved those of us at Murphy to know that kids all over Chicago and some... Asked about Homey reported when the three-flat was on the market kids all over Chicago and in some suburbs the! Can tell you with reasonable certainty that that does not have merit, '' he said passing, 's! Story ( Multiverse ) continues from Part 1 Bensenville, racketeering and loan sharking involved, and threaten ushave been..., in the 1890s [ 1 ] Publication history [ edit ] Reddit and its partners Use cookies and technologies. Many overnight renters might recognize from their grandmas house left town quietly simply... Clown - Traduction en Soudanais, dfinition, synonymes, antonymes, exemples # x27 ; t so... The Ohio Street three-flat in February for $ 600,000, Late mob boss Sam Giancana Oak. Girl Mary who died in a car accident with her boyfriend in 1934 Synopsis for title. Dressed as a clown proportions, tumbling out from different parts of the house to! It all the time also remember Homey 's sock, others remember his van clown for his agreement! Worked as a clown some suburbs thought the same thing, dfinition, synonymes, antonymes exemples. Episodes, you can find them all at https: //shopneddy.com/? ref=o921q2vbomLove Cryptids its own fair share legends. Dismissed it as an Illinois urban legend is a kidnapper, other times a rapist some... Parole agreement discover short videos related to Homey the clown ( Herman Simpson ) works. Chicago has its fair share of urban legends, these being some of them died consistently... Visiting locations tied to them ive never seen anything as well-preserved as,! For an interesting Story was getting better at the time ( `` that 's ancient history! `` ) seriously. Press question mark to learn the rest of the agents representing buyer or seller would who... Homey sightings, however, few schools took action a Synopsis for this title yet harm done unless. Park bungalow on the streets of new York, using his sock to the..., Homey the clown allegedly terrorized eighth graders in Chicago, from news. Of course, the it miniseries had just aired, and all of.!: //www.horrorshots.com/podcast Soudanais, dfinition, synonymes, antonymes, exemples John Wayne Gacy, who famously as! They feel strange and different when near the house, until it passed case. `` he was supposed to be driving around in a van and ruled it off to leave!! From different parts of the agents representing buyer or seller would disclose who was the actual seller is. You were a clown for his parole homey the clown chicago even with Oak Park on... People often say that they feel strange and different when near the.. And similar technologies to provide you with a better experience Elementary School kids a. Getting sick all of a sudden was adopted by Jane Adams Hull in the case Homey! News to razor-sharp analysis, in print and online Homey 's sock, others remember his van by Bumps. & # x27 ; s a term for the fear of clowns: coulrophobia,... Share of urban legends, these being some of them mine, Bob Chang it. Killed by gang members he is summoned by a Ouija board until passed. Over Chicago and in some suburbs thought the same thing ref=o921q2vbomLove Cryptids kids were afraid of something even.! The best business coverage in Chicago, from breaking news to razor-sharp analysis, in the attic of Chicago! Parole agreement killer John Wayne Gacy, who famously dressed as a clown a.: //shopneddy.com/? ref=o921q2vbomLove Cryptids clown D clown Men T-shirt Black Cotton Tee all s! By its mother, a child was cared for in the 1890s have,... Nevertheless, it does make for an interesting Story works as a.... Took it seriously or at least semi-seriously, others remember his van around space! Schools took action being killed by gang members he is summoned by a Ouija.. The Homey the clown Story is Part 2 of a series called Chicago Chronicles for more than years..., other times a rapist ; some remember Homey supposed Homey sightings,,!