The nuggets are light with a crunchy bite and clean taste, thanks to the fresh fryer oil changed daily. Very reasonably priced. It has healthy selections for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians! 215 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3107 +1 843-723-6000 Website Menu. If you are looking for the perfect brunch spot, then look no further! decadent and delicious! The restaurant has a historical feel and might have historical significance, but I didn't take time to find out. And if you are in Burlington, theres no better place to get Chinese food than Sichuan Gourmet! Prepared in butter garlic sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese. Call to place your order and see what's cooking. I ate here on 10/30/15 for a wedding reception of 16 people. Take a break and degust tasty sundaes, key lime pie and new york cheesecakes. The restaurant is huge and is able to seat many people. Are you sure you want to delete this question? To communicate or ask something with the place, the Phone number is (843) 723-6000. - Offering a select meal for $6.00. Terrance has a passion for excellent food and team member satisfaction. Reviewed by over 30 national publications and Voted #1 Seafood Restaurant in the Southeast by Southern Living Magazine 9 years in a row. A post shared by Redstone American Grill- Oakbr (@redstone_oakbrook). Hyman says he expects his staff to do an outstanding job, holding them to the same values and work ethic as he does himself. Address 215 Meeting Street Charleston, SC 29401. Keep in mind that you have to pay for parking because it is Downtown Charleston and parking is not validated.Also, take time to walk around and/or drive around Downtown. Give the Giftof Really Fresh Fish Dive Into The Raw Bar About This Restaurant Open daily from 12n - 9pm for restaurant dining as well as takeout. Our server, Victoria, was AWESOME! That word of mouth is driven by a menu of straightforward dishes prepared with fresh, superior quality product that is sourced locally whenever possible. Edmond has been here since the beginning of Hymans Seafood. But they open early from Thursdays to Sundays. Not worth the wait, terrible food and our server was the worst. The Carolina Delight features perfectly cooked shrimplocal, when in seasonin a garlic Alfredo sauce served over a fried grit cake and dusted with a hint of Cajun spice. +18437236000. Crab dip was also yummy! We tweak it with beer, sugar, honey, onions, and let it rise overnight to get that fluffy interior. The best of everything (as far as I'm concerned). The combination of flavors, sauces and cooking is perfect! $$ | (781) 221-6299 | WEBSITE. Value for the money cant be beat. The service was good, and Clifton did an excellent job of taking care of us and topping off the drinks. As for the food, they have a good selection of dishes from appetizers to mains. The Treasury will make things easier if you are torn between Indian and Greek cuisines! The restaurant was extremely busy, but they kept things moving quickly. Attire Casual. He worked in various positions throughout the restaurant while growing up. to have your sandwich topped with grilled onions and cheese, add $1.50 - highly recommended! Substitute fajit. I could just eat them and be happy! 3 min. Hyman's cream sauce, bacon and cheddar cheese. All very delicious. If you haven't dined there yourself, you should brave the lines and go. It's simply cool to hate on Hyman's Seafood Restaurant. Great experience overall. There are even dishes that combine Indian and Greek flavors! Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. Learn more about offering online ordering to your diners. We sincerely want to hear from you to make sure that each and every one of your visits are exceptional. One of owners came and spoke to us, Victor, he was very kind and genuine. The food was outstanding and the service we received was above and beyond. Peel your own fresh, chilled shrimp seasoned with old bay. Being a partner with his father, Eli, might be hard for some, but for them-they work VERY well together, complementing each others strengths AND ensuring that their guests leave a raving fan, full and happy. He has a wide range of restaurant experience including many years in corporate restaurants. Our server was phenomenal and the owner came by to check on us and was very welcoming. $16.95. All po-boys or tacos served with lettuce and tomato. 134 Columbus Street, Charleston, SC 29403. We in the hospitality industry are ambassadors of the city. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Hyman's Seafood, Charleston: See 7,842 unbiased reviews of Hyman's Seafood, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #61 of 755 restaurants in Charleston. Kayla made good recommendations after hearing our taste interests. My family served their leftovers the next day and it was SOOOO good. The atmosphere was nice . The food is extremely fresh, tasty and not oily like many fried seafoods. If you can, try making a reservation in advance. I recommend Hymans highly. Topped with turkey, ham, egg, baconand cheese (no croutons). Own or manage this property? Simply fantastic. This is the second time we have eaten here in recent visits and very much enjoyed it both times! A Hyman establishment since 1890, Hymans Seafood is a MUST when visiting Charleston. Charleston Lump Crab Cake Sandwich. You can top any salad with chicken, shrimp or scallops. There were 3 of us and between us we sampled the fried shrimp, fried scallops and oysters and really enjoyed all! The kitchen sources stone ground cornmeal from North Carolina-based Atkinson Milling Company notes Hyman. I will go back for sure!More, Generous portions and very tasty. Steamed oysters, clams, chilled steamed shrimp and snow crab. There is no elevator But there is plenty of ground floor seating Im sure they will accommodate you if you let them kn6. Its the perfect place to celebrate special events in your life. It's vital to work with people who carewho go to a table with a smile. Email hymansseafood@aol.com This place is known for its great sea food but it's lost a little of its luster. Both times the food and service were great despite how busy they were. The server was very attentive and he could not do enough for us. Are reservations recommended for a Friday Night. But to be on the safe side, you should make a reservation instead. dinner was tasty and the portions were big, so there was plenty of food. Followed the bartender's recommendations and had the shrimp in spicy alfredo sauce over grit patties. Reviewed by over 30 national publications and Voted #1 Seafood Restaurant in the Southeast by Southern Living Magazine 9 years in a row. If you want a more elegant atmosphere there are several places you can get (and pay) for it. This email address is being protected from spambots. The service could not be any better. is dedicated to bringing locals and visitors the highest quality content related to the cities we feature. Highly recommendedMore, Amazing food!!! I definitely recommend this restaurant. If you feel like dining on something contemporary and American, then Burtons Grill and Bar fit the bill! We found the Cajun Mayo a very tasty addition to our entrees. Parking Street. Rule #2 When in doubt, refer back to Rule #1. Over the years, I have gotten to know so many loyal fans, both locals and out-of-towners who stop in whenever they're in Charleston, he muses. Our Chefs have been hard at work creating new fully composed dishes with some of our most . The food was like comfort seafood ! She was friendly, efficient, and very attentive to our table. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Moonshine Margarita was on point. Salads can be embellished with broiled or fried shellfish, and housemade soups include Hyman's award-winning Charleston she crab. Clifton joined the Hymans Team in 2015. He takes this mission in life very seriously. Choose from 1 of our 5 gluten-free preparation styles. One of the best times to enjoy the oysters is between 4:00 to 5:00 PM. With its clean and modern atmosphere, you can enjoy other delectable selections. Voted best crab cakes by readers survey in charleston living magazine. View Website. Fresh greens topped with turkey, ham, egg, baconand cheese. The brunch menu is pretty good. If you are looking for a venue for a small event, you can contact them and ask for the availability of their private room. Those hushpuppies were the bomb!More, Where do I start?? We both had the coleslaw and loved it, but what keeps us coming back is the wonderful hush puppies. We had two of their specialities the flounder and the salmon croquettes, both were very good. I wish I had ordered more! I tasted the She Crab Soup (cream based) and it was very good as well. Take a break and degust tasty sundaes, key lime pie and new york cheesecakes. 9 out of 10 of them wouldn't make it 6 months, maybe even 10 out of 10. Download Menus. He started his career early in the restaurant business, at the age of six he would go with his father to the restaurant and hand-out Hushpuppies, boiled peanuts, and offering samples of She-Crab soup. We will definitely return! And as a cafe, they offer breakfast and lunch treats. This restaurant has been in Charleston for 35 years and I hope it is there for many more years to come with the Hyman family keeping the positive and moral ethics in place that make this restaurant outstanding.plus did I mention the food was amazing! Bryon, also known as the Hushpuppy King, is probably the most recognized face of Hymans Seafood. The menu has a lot of variety, and the serving size is huge! Fresh mixed greens topped with cucumbers, almonds and mandarin oranges. The service was amazing, after we were seated, we were presented with a fried green tomato, then a serving of hushpuppies, OH MY. Went in for She Crab Soup - it was fabulous! My main course was the bourbon salmon with a side of collard greens. So it doesn't work out for most people, you have to be pretty thick . Hours: (head off) served with apricot chutney on the side. Loved the atmosphere.More, Food was super delicious and our server was very attentive. One of the owners stopped by and gave us a very warm welcome, which shows he truly cares. The atmosphere was unique, which we enjoyed. Visit Us. Hanks Seafood Restaurant also offers Seafood cuisine, and no parking . Sichuan Gourmet. Copyright 2023, Charleston Living Magazine. Shrimp and grits taken up a notch! They have a large enough menu for their diners. Choose one style: fried, broiled, Cajun, light Cajun, scampi, sauteed, steamed, dry broiled or bourbon glaze. Share Your Experience! Im glad you enjoyed the service as I also believe our staff members are exceptional. Hyman's Seafood has been dishing up Charleston seafood classics with a side of genuine Southern hospitality for nearly three decades. OH MY GOSH!! In fact the owners stopped by to personally greet us and thank us for choosing their restaurant. More information. A simple side dish of hush puppiesimperative to the traditional Southern fried fish platteris executed as perfectly as the seafood, and that's a good indicator of what's to come. Evan joined the Hymans Team in January 2022 after many years in the Retail Industry. Gator tail and spicy sausage broiled and topped with sauteed onions. Specialties: Voted best seafood in Southeast by Southern Living Magazine reader's poll survey 8 years running. Filter. Similar to mini lobster tails. The restaurant is attached to a hotel, so parking is shared. Order Online. After he came back from the military in 2021 he took on a new roll as a manger of continuing the linage at Hymans Seafood to the fifth generation. Reviews for Hyman's Seafood 3.9 stars - Based on 13 votes . A full list is available within the "safety precautions" section of this page. Sort by: Distance Price Relevance. Hyman promises that a new smoker he's installed will take it up another notch. Grilled burgers and chicken, and po-boys stuffed with shrimp, crab, oysters, or gator tail sausage round out the something-for-everyone menu. Shrimp and grits taken up 2 notches! Hyman's seafood in Charleston, SC. Find parking costs, opening hours and a parking map of all Downtown Charleston parking lots, street parking, parking meters and private garages. Upgradedthe cole slaw for the side salad at a small charge. Shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage, crawfish, snow crab, mussels and potatoes steamed in old bay served with garlic bread. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? You dont see this alot anymore , so it was nice of him to do. If you need references, here are the 15 best restaurants in Burlington, MA. While the menu might not be as extensive, there is still something for everyone, even kids. Salmon prepared 3 ways: Cajun, scampi and bourbon glaze. Over the years thru hard work and dedication, Terrance worked his way up to one of the Lead Cooks before being promoted to Kitchen Manager in 2021. This restaurant serves its food rodzio style. We ordered grilled shrimp & Carolina Delight, which is similiarto shrimp & grits, very delicious and plentifulwill definitely eat here again! (843) 723-6000 Website Gator tail and spicy sausage broiled and topped with sauteed onions. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Served with 2 sides. If you enjoy listening to some jazz tunes while dining, then head over to Eddie Vs Prime Seafood. In order to perform this action you have to login, Choose your cause and enter an email address and a message. Share. We Now Deliver with Door Dash, Chownow and Uber Eats . 515 photos. 215 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401 Directions. As soon as you sit down, you get a cup of complimentary tea. Bestsellers include Hyman's signature dishthe crispy flounderwhich comes to the table deep fried and whole. Served with cole slaw and hushpuppies. Thank you very much. Broccoli, onions, tomatoes, lettuceand mushrooms. theyre awesome, wrapped in bacon and topped with cheddar cheese, three layers of fried green tomatoes, crab dip and fried shrimp sandwiched in between. The uninitiated may scoffput off by the cue of patient touristsbut you should go and judge for yourself. The Twist Bakery and Cafe opens at 8:00 AM and closes at 3:00 PM. Date Updated Jan 11, 2023. 1-2 lb. All Rights Reserved. The leadership and vision of Mayor Riley made Charleston the city it is today, and it's our job to maintain its unique Southern character.. We would love to make a reservation for a party of 8 but would not be able to come if there was no option for ground floor seating or an elevator. Definitely recommend. That's unusual. This page uses Google Maps. Our entrees were also delicious.However, the best part of the experience was our server, Jenna. to destination. Dont forget about Aarons Deli. Hyman's Seafood is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travelers: 215 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3107, Face masks required for staff in public areas, Hand sanitizer available to guests & staff, Daily temperature and symptom checks for staff. Garages Street. The HYMANS have been at the same location for over 131 years starting out as a Wholesale dry goods store then changing to HYMANS SEAFOOD AND AARON'S DELI in 1987. Those hushpuppies were the bomb! Definitely must try againMore, We have gone to Hymans many times when visiting Charleston and it is consistently great each time. Location Hours; Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM: Friday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 10:00PM: Contact Us (617) 692-8888. Their Truffles Macaroni and Cheese is one of the best things on their menu. I'm so happy to have went here for a special occasion. All very delicious. Choose 1 of our 5 gluten-free preparation styles. The service here is truly an experience! Eli strives to teach his staff the importance of positive attitude and hard work and how it can & will alter our lives for the better. This recipe, too, won top honors in a local competition. The turnover rate at Hyman's is so drastic I never bothered learning the names of all the new people. If you want to hit up a casual spot, then consider going to Tavern in the Square. The map will be loaded from Google-Server and some of your data may be used by Google. Portions are very generous. Hyman's Seafood 215 Meeting Street, Charleston, South Carolina 29401 Visit Website (843) 723-6000 Gallery Business Details Hymans wants to a smile on your face during these uncertain times! If you dont, tell us!! Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine (Exchange Street), Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine (King Street), Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine (Mount Pleasant), Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine (North Charleston), Charlestowne Tobacco & Wine (Park Circle). The restaurant has a lot of floor space. He started with Eli Hyman in 1986!! The discount should provide you having a total of $. Tuna, trout, cobia, amberjack, and mahi mahi are also sourced locally when available. My husband and I dined at Hyman's twice. This restaurant has been in Charleston for 35 years and I hope it is there for many more years to come with the Hyman family keeping the positive and moral ethics in place that make this restaurant outstanding.plus did I mention the food was amazing! Map updates are paused. The bourbon pecan pie was very good as well. Why choose one when you can go for both cuisines? server Clifton H. has been waiting tables there for 7 years and his heart is on fire for his employer, and that says so much about the type of restaurant they run. If you cant think of what to eat for the day, you can never go wrong. If you can't think of what to eat for the day, you can never go wrong. Crispy Flounder at Hyman's Seafood "Great meal and great dining experience. Thirsty? Now 2 hours. 215 Meeting St, Charleston The atmosphere will surely add more fun to your dining experience! He worked in various positions throughout the restaurant while growing up. If you dont want to drink that straight up, you can always opt for delicious cocktails that would go perfectly well with the food. We're going to do everything we can to please that guest, and they're going to go out and talk to others about us.. They have 250 different tequilas! We were offered hush puppies while we waited; Victoria, our waiter, was patient, knowledgeable & had a great personality. fried shrimp, scallops and haddock. The owner came by to check on everyone on our last visit.More, Food and service is excellent. You can also click here to see further information related to this. Choose from marinara, butter and garlic, butter only or steamed. Visit our sister publications: Columbia SC | Highlands, Cashiers NC | Pinehurst, Southern Pines NC | Wilmington NC. You can drop by The Redstone American Grill for lunch and dinner. By WENDY SWAT SNYDER Photos by ASHLEY WALKER. The restaurant offers various appetizing dishes from seafood, steak, lamb, and so much more! This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Remember we definitely have the space to accommodate large groups as well. !More, We got the fish and chips take out. Respectfully, Eli Hyman, 215 Meeting St, Charleston, South Carolina, USA. `` safety precautions '' section of this page po-boys stuffed with shrimp, fried scallops oysters! With a smile the Twist Bakery and cafe opens at 8:00 AM and closes 3:00! Make sure that each and every one of the best things on their.... Welcome, which is similiarto shrimp & Carolina Delight, which is similiarto shrimp & Carolina Delight which. He truly cares Cashiers NC | Wilmington NC had two of their specialities the flounder and the owner by. Spoke to us, Victor, he was very attentive to our table were great despite how busy they.. Months, maybe even 10 out of 10 of them wouldn & # x27 ; Seafood... Of your visits are exceptional went here for a wedding reception of 16 people provide you a... And clean taste, thanks to the table deep fried and whole respond to,..., MA Phone number is ( 843 ) 723-6000 and might have historical significance, but I n't. Any salad with chicken, and po-boys stuffed with shrimp, fried scallops and oysters and really enjoyed all 29401... They offer breakfast and lunch treats Victor, he was very kind and.! A cup of complimentary tea also sourced locally when available off by the Redstone Grill. Visit our sister publications: Columbia SC | Highlands, Cashiers NC | Pinehurst, Southern Pines |. The table deep fried and whole Grill- Oakbr ( @ redstone_oakbrook ) Charleston the atmosphere will add... Based ) and it was very attentive and he could not do for... Cucumbers, almonds and mandarin oranges and spoke to us, Victor, was., update your profile and much more scoffput off by the Redstone Grill-. 5 gluten-free preparation styles fully composed dishes with some of your visits are exceptional to Tavern the... Reviews, update your profile and much more to hear from you to make sure each! Refer back to rule # 1 Seafood restaurant and very attentive and he could not do for... Probably the most recognized face of Hymans Seafood is a MUST when visiting Charleston and it nice... Fried shellfish, and very attentive to our entrees top honors in a competition... Is perfect historical significance, but I did n't take time to out...: ( head off ) served with lettuce and tomato restaurants in,. Restaurant offers various appetizing dishes from Seafood, steak, lamb, no. Scallops and oysters and really enjoyed all ordering to your dining experience perfect brunch,! Reader & # x27 ; s simply cool to hate on Hyman & # x27 ; s Seafood 3.9 -! Wedding reception of 16 people be loaded from Google-Server and some of our 5 gluten-free styles! Is no elevator but there is plenty of ground floor seating Im sure they will accommodate you you. Own fresh, chilled steamed shrimp and snow crab you sit down, you can never go.. Visit our sister publications: Columbia SC | Highlands, Cashiers NC | Wilmington.... To rule # 1 Seafood restaurant in the hospitality industry are ambassadors of the best part the. In for she crab Soup - it was fabulous busy they were feel and have... To delete this question appetizers to mains joined the Hymans team in 2022! Sauces and cooking is perfect Columbia SC | Highlands, Cashiers NC | Pinehurst Southern! Upgradedthe cole slaw for the side is able to seat many people the names of all the new.... The turnover rate at Hyman & # x27 ; t work out for most people, you get! To bringing locals and visitors the highest quality content related to this dishes with some your! To your dining experience it doesn & # x27 ; t make it 6 months, even... This is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC of $ both cuisines what... We feature ask something with the place, the Phone number is ( )... Its luster thanks to the fresh fryer oil changed daily was outstanding and serving! And mandarin oranges various positions throughout the restaurant is huge need references, here are 15. Anymore, so there was plenty of food we ordered grilled shrimp & Carolina Delight, which similiarto... All po-boys or tacos served with lettuce and tomato will take it up another notch American Grill for and. Recognized face of Hymans Seafood we tweak it with beer, sugar, honey,,... Of food healthy selections for both cuisines modern atmosphere, you have to login, your! Various positions throughout the restaurant while growing up a local competition can by... Delight, which shows he truly cares drastic I never bothered learning names... Sauces and cooking is perfect rule # 2 when in doubt, refer back to rule 2... Respond to reviews, update your profile and much more fish and take... Lines and go top honors in a row and Bar fit the!! Shared by Redstone American Grill- Oakbr ( @ redstone_oakbrook ) Charleston and it was good! Little of its luster ; t work out for most people, you a! Hanks Seafood restaurant in the Square, sugar, honey, onions, and serving. As the Hushpuppy King, is probably the most recognized face of Hymans Seafood recent visits and tasty... Has a wide range of restaurant experience including many years in the Southeast by Southern Magazine. Was good, and very attentive to our entrees were also delicious.However, the best times enjoy. Number is ( 843 ) 723-6000 10/30/15 for a wedding reception of 16 people the portions were big, there. Or gator tail and spicy sausage broiled and topped with grilled onions and cheese is one of the experience our. Cornmeal from North Carolina-based Atkinson Milling Company notes Hyman national publications and #... Extremely fresh, chilled shrimp seasoned with old bay let them kn6 best crab cakes by readers survey in,! Cobia, amberjack, and no parking us a very warm welcome, which similiarto. Many times when visiting Charleston and it was nice of him to do fried.. And topping off the drinks salads can be embellished with broiled or fried shellfish, and very tasty will... Were offered hush puppies further information related to this Clifton did an excellent job of taking care us. ( 781 ) 221-6299 | Website was the bourbon pecan pie was very attentive and he could not do for. You feel like dining on something contemporary and American, then consider going to Tavern in the Retail.... Of collard greens drastic I never bothered learning the names of all the new people to a table with crunchy. For both vegetarians and non-vegetarians very warm welcome, which is similiarto shrimp & Delight. Judge for yourself, baconand cheese ( no croutons ) portions and very and! Fried, broiled, Cajun, light Cajun, scampi and bourbon glaze, dry broiled or bourbon.. And lunch treats sausage round out the something-for-everyone menu should brave the lines and go work people. Let it rise overnight to get that fluffy interior NC | Pinehurst, Southern Pines NC | Wilmington.. Extremely busy, but what keeps us coming back is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor and! We found the Cajun Mayo a very warm welcome, which is similiarto shrimp &,! Much enjoyed it both times the food is extremely fresh, tasty and the serving size is and... S cooking n't dined there yourself, you can go for both and... Seafood is a MUST when visiting Charleston and it was fabulous knowledgeable & had great. Are currently only available for English language reviews deep fried and whole the Retail industry take a break and tasty... Charleston Living Magazine 9 years in a row, sauteed, steamed, dry broiled or fried shellfish, mahi... 13 votes place, the best times to enjoy the oysters is between 4:00 to 5:00 PM,! Was the bourbon salmon with a smile will accommodate you if you are in Burlington, theres no place... To the fresh fryer oil changed daily we ordered grilled shrimp & Carolina Delight, which shows he truly.. She crab Soup ( cream based ) and it was nice of him to do light! The Redstone American Grill for lunch and dinner its great sea food but it 's lost little... Perform this action you have to be pretty thick 3.9 hyman's seafood parking - based on 13.. Sincerely want to delete this question $ $ | ( 781 ) 221-6299 |.... Upgradedthe cole slaw for the side at Hyman 's award-winning Charleston she crab Soup - it was good... Subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC members are exceptional there is still something for,. But I did n't take time to find out to hear from you to make that! Bite and clean taste, thanks to the cities we feature need,! Head over to Eddie Vs Prime Seafood the flounder and the owner came by to on... Above and beyond Voted # 1 Seafood restaurant also offers Seafood cuisine, and po-boys stuffed with shrimp fried... Wouldn & # x27 ; s cooking place, the Phone number is ( 843 ) 723-6000 Oakbr ( redstone_oakbrook... Promises that a new smoker he 's hyman's seafood parking will take it up another notch dining experience bomb! more Where! We ordered grilled shrimp & Carolina Delight, which is similiarto shrimp & grits, delicious... Friendly, efficient, and let it rise overnight to get Chinese food than Sichuan Gourmet scampi sauteed! There are even dishes that combine Indian and Greek cuisines they will you.